WINTER TWO PIECE

Friday, February 13, 2015














My crop to rule of thumb? You're fine and dandy as long as you don't show your belly button. In the past I haven't always been exactly rigid on this navel stipulation, (aka if ever I'm feeling particularly in shape and just all around bomb dotcom), however for the most part I believe that this rule helps the look err on the side of classy as opposed to trashy. I thing the idea of a crop top separates combo appeals to me so much because there is so much more edge to it than a simple cocktail dress. If this was one piece because of the full skirt and floral pattern, I think it would feel far to stuffy & decidedly less modern. Where do y'all weigh in? To crop or not to crop?



c/o MISSGUIDED brocade skirt & crop top set (*ON SALE FOR UNDER $50) | MANOLO BLAHNIK bb patent pumps (last seen here and here) | c/o WALLIS leather jacket (similar) | c/o DOLCE & GABBANA sunglasses

7 comments :

  1. gorgeous gorgeous outfit! I need that skirt in my life

    http://www.aboutacloset.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE this! And I agree, if it were just a dress it wouldn't have the same great effect! :)
    http://www.closet-fashionista.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ahhh I love this look! Ordering that bralette now....here's to hoping it fits!

    Valery Brennan

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful look! I REALLY want that skirt!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This set is absolutely perfect! And I LOVE that you styled it with the leather jacket!

    xo Kylie
    www.dressinsparkles.com

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...