A LESSON IN SIDESMILE

Thursday, April 16, 2015









I have always had a fairly extensive vocabulary. It probably started when my Dad would open up the dictionary, point to a word at random, and see if I knew the definition...super casual right? At the time, I would think to myself "OMG Dad, absolutely not." However, the fact that I have wound up in a profession that relies heavily on the written word is not lost on me, so thanks Papa Spinwall. It also comes as no surprise when people frequently comment how my friends and I seem to have our own little language slash shorthand. Today, instead of telling you again how obsessed I am with this sweater {it is kind of aggresive how much I have been wearing it lately}, I thought it would be festive to share a little SideSmile vocab lesson. TG!

Festive - Fun and Situationally appropriate. "Morgan looked very festive in her tennis whites at the Ralph Lauren party."

Aggressive - Overwhelming and Intense. "I feel like that outfit is more aggressive than Festive." or "My drink was great, but the ginger was a tad aggressive."

Casual - Nonchalant. "I watched the entire series in 24 hours...super casual." or "I just ordered pizza for the 3rd time this week. Casual."

TG - Thank God. "Did I miss the Shopbop Sale? No? TG!"

Slash - In addition to. "I want to look subtle slash sexy."

Absolutely Not - NO. "Are Christian Louboutins comfortable? Absolutely not, get the Manolos."

SideSmile - Sorry not sorry. "A Prada bag can totally be included in my investment portfolio...SideSmile."


*Photography by Mary Summers

3 comments :

  1. I love this cardigan!! It's perfectly paired with that floral tank :)

    xx,

    La Joie de Vivre

    ReplyDelete
  2. My friends and I have our own little language too! Love it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Adorable post! Love the vocab and your bracelet! :)

    xx, Ashleigh | Fashion in Flight

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...